Yesterday I started the top twenty things that I have learned during quarantine. The good news is that this is the last slice, the bad news is, I am going to have to come revisit this list since we just added three more weeks. For my last slice of the year, here are my last ten things that I learned during the Corona Virus quarantine.
11. Doing the Slice of Life when stuck at home is not easy! Every year that I have done this, I have had a couple nights that were tough. This year, every night was a challenge.
12. Humanity can come together when needed. Watching the news on a typical night is depressing. However, I love to see everyone come together during all of this to lend a hand in any way they can. So many people need help right now, and it is our responsibility to help who we can. Especially by staying home, no matter how much it sucks.
13. Teachers are amazing people. Given less than 24 hours, us teachers had to change everything we do to try and help our students in any way we could. We have come up with lessons for e-learning, kept in contact with our students, held meetings, emailed parents, etc. Teachers are so willing to adjust to any situation!
14. Balance is key. During this time you have to mix it up. I have cleaned, done projects, worked out, watched TV, gotten outside, rode my bike, taken walks, had family time, game nights, school work time, and napped. Keeping that balance is key!
15. I can even be creative when needed. I am not a creative person. I am not an artistic person. At all. Not even a little. During this time, I have made baby steps.
16. iPads can be necessary. I don’t love my kids being on their iPads a lot, but during this time, they can become necessary.
17. Netflix needs more shows. Never thought I would say that.
18. I miss my colleagues. My colleagues are the greatest. It makes coming to work every day so fun and easy. The inside jokes, the laughs, ordering lunch every Friday, I miss it all.
19. I need a vacation. Take me away. Somewhere. Anywhere!!
20. The first thing I am going to do when I get off of this quarantine is…..GET A BABYSITTER…for like four days in a row.